The UF Digital Worlds Institute is committed to supporting our students’ professional and career development through a variety of programs and opportunities, including:
- Career advising
- Professional development workshops
- Resume and cover letter workshops
- Annual Convergence events, an annual celebration that brings together students, alumni, community partners, and industry professionals.
- Student Showcase: The premiere presentation of Digital Arts & Sciences (DAS) students' senior and capstone projects.
- Industry Interactive: Industry professionals from the entertainment, interactive experiences, and technology sectors take part in an informal discussion and Q&A with students on how they got their careers started and the current/future states of the industry.
- Additional resources via UF Career Connections Center
Students are expected to be fully engaged in their professional development from day one of their time at the University of Florida, proactively seeking and preparing for opportunities as they arise, and self-directing as they navigate their professional or career pathway.
Digital Worlds strongly encourages internships that allow students to put their skills into practice in a real-world work environment while expanding their professional networks. The wide-ranging nature of Digital Worlds' interdisciplinary curricular components and its focus on critical thinking prepares students for internships and occupations in various industries and disciplines.
Gator CareerLink (GCL) is the portal to everything career at the University of Florida. Employers intentionally recruit in GCL to connect with talented UF students and alumni. Additionally, GCL provides incredible access to information about upcoming events, online resources, internships, co-ops, job shadowing, part, and full-time job opportunities, and more. GCL is a free service provided for students and alumni. Getting started is simple. Download the Quick Start Guide for fast and easy tips.
Employers can post jobs and internships and search for qualified candidates. To post an opportunity, please click the "Employers" button.