The interdisciplinary field of Digital Arts & Sciences is ideal for students whose intellectual and creative energies are not confined to traditional academic disciplines.
The BA in Digital Arts & Sciences (BADAS) degree provides graduates with the technical, creative, collaborative, and critical-thinking skills that are highly prized by 21st-century employers in the entertainment, communications, and technology sectors. BADAS students gain experience working in project-based classes in team-oriented environments, reflecting the dynamic of the modern professional industries that they will enter after graduation.
“With the sum of my experiences as a multimedia performer, Digital Worlds Institute has the instruction, technology and resources to take my creations into a new frontier.” -Juliet Dibenedetto, BADAS student
Students gain proficiency in a range of relevant technologies, strengthen their ability to collaborate and communicate, and are given the opportunity to apply design concepts and critical thinking skills across multiple disciplines.
Students choose elective courses from the Institute's current offerings in Animation, Game Design, and Digital Production.
- Learn industry-standard techniques for film, video game, and interactive media content creation
- Apply the 12 Principles of Animation to bring characters to life
- Develop concepts and skills to create compelling stories through animation
- Acquire the practical technical skills needed to fuel the evolution of interactive entertainment
- Apply the principles of game design and production using the latest creative methodologies
- Engage in challenging courses that expose you to industry-standard tools and development mechanisms
EXPERIENCE DESIGN & PRODUCTION
- Learn the entire process of pre-production, production, and post-production
- Build teamwork and management skills through class and client-based projects
- Apply your creativity in digital media, visual storytelling, and live show design