DW Ambassadors collaborate with staff in developing student recruitment efforts, conduct informational presentations, tour visits, and online chat sessions. Ambassadors develop leadership, public communication, and event planning skills. This program promotes high standards of excellence and gives DW students opportunities for professional development.
The Ambassadors’ role is to assist and provide support in the following areas, among others:
- Participate in recruitment and programs
- Greet and communicate with prospective students and families
- Personally host visiting professionals
- Help conduct DW tours
To become a DW student ambassador, students must submit an application and complete an interview process. The nomination of a student may also be submitted by the DW Director or DW Faculty. All students who successfully fill out an application and meet the program requirements will be called for interviews. A minimum GPA of 2.75 is required for any student wishing to be considered as an Ambassador. Applicants must be outgoing and friendly, enjoy meeting people, and be willing to give of their time for DW tours and events.
DW Ambassador Program Requirements
- Must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed one semester within the DW program
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be courteous and professional
- Must attend periodic meetings
CLICK HERE for the DW Student Ambassador Application.